cavernous-contrabass

Author Topic: Not another painting story Ö  (Read 6725 times)

BabyCakes

Not another painting story Ö
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:06 pm »
I have heard that Van Gogh’s "Starry Night" is one of the most powerful of his landscapes. By the moment he started painting it, he has already become a man without a religion, disappointed in traditional Christian beliefs. “I am still in a passionate need for a religion, - he used to say - that is why I have left my house and went to paint stars”. The Starry Night transmits the magnificence and inconceivability of the Universe, deep feeling of a truly spiritual person.
Spirit is what makes a man from a beast. Spirit fills an eye with a light and a heart with a feeling. I do believe that all people are spiritual by birth. And may be it may sound rough or too simple, but spirit is something that can be developed and nourished. And according to the circumstances spirit may get stronger or die. Throughout the history mankind have struggled a lot through hard, impossible geographical circumstances, through neighboring with all sorts of animals and beasts, through wars with each other and fighting the nature. People have managed to survive, to develop (here I will not rise a question of what results it might have brought us to), to live their way. Though considering how fragile our body and psycho is, it seems impossible to me. In hardest times there was always a reserve, a back–up kept somewhere which made human beings go an extra mile, survive and live. None of scientists are able to find out what is it exactly.
But I am sure my guess is right, and it is our spirit. The spirit which no matter dead or alive is kept within a human being and arises to help whenever we need it.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
    • African online Community in Russia
Re: Not another painting story Ö
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »
Quite a story. Perhaps you will be our arts teacher? :)
God is good!

toad