Author Topic: Ode to a Kiss  (Read 6790 times)

BabyCakes

Ode to a Kiss
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »
One of my favorite paintings. Gustav Klimt "The Kiss".
Probably it is one of the brightest and memorable pieces of art of 20th century.
I don't remember any other painting which expresses a kiss so emotional and deep.
The artist has clearly disregarded the rule of perspective, ignored 3d, space, horizon and other trends;)
The combination of naturalistic and decorative details makes the picture more intense and appealing to explore.
A tip: the square ornaments on the man's dressing are as a matter of fact a phallic symbols
while the round shape ornaments on the woman's dressing symbolize the female genitalia.
Gathered in one artistic combination they express the idea of a union of two origins: masculine and feminine,
Yin&Yan, which give and additional emphasis and power to the idea of A Kiss.

Apart from all that I personally am quite sure that this tall handsome man is African. The color of his skin and his hair structure tells me that. Though I am not sure it has ever been mentioned anywhere. He is bright, strong, powerful and charming, I am sure. Every time I look at this picture, I think of My Man. He hugs me as close and kisses as tender and passionate at the same time.

A Kiss is so great, it becomes GOLDEN when it is empowered by a feeling, by passion and a heart-full emotion.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
    • African online Community in Russia
Re: Ode to a Kiss
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:06:05 am »
Thanks for this post.
Very articulate but I need me some 'arts ' lessons  :upup:
God is good!