• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Zimbabwe needs a strong economy, not handouts,' says Ncube  (Read 9615 times)

Offline Femi

• Administrator
    • African online Community in Russia
Zimbabwe needs a strong economy, not handouts,' says Ncube
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:28:54 am »
Zimbabwe needs a strong economy, not handouts,' says Ncube

Zimbabwe does not need handouts, but a strong economy to spearhead economic revival, Industry minister Welshman Ncube said.

Ncube said the country needs clearly-crafted policies to grow the economy and subsequently wean the population from hand outs.

"A strong economy is all the nation wants. No country can expect the majority of the population to survive on handouts from those who have amassed wealth at the expense of the ordinary citizens," he said at a rally at the weekend.

"Hand outs are meant to make the people dependent on those that are dishing them out. It is a strategy used by manipulative politicians yet honest leadership will provide economic opportunities for people to develop."

Ncube took a swipe at government for its reliance on foreign aid.

"We have seen this tired Zanu-PF strategy over the years. They come here to dish food handouts to you, yet they do not provide you with the opportunities to benefit from the resources available to you," Ncube said. 

bulawayo24
God is good!

Offline debs

Re: Zimbabwe needs a strong economy, not handouts,' says Ncube
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »
 :upup: :upup: :upup: to Mr Ncube!

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »
:upup: :upup: :upup: to Mr Ncube!
Sometimes and with no doubt, I want to believe that Zimbabwe will become even a greater nation.
What I'd like to know from you is this - which is the bigger problem - the president or the sanctions imposed by the west?
God is good!

Offline debs

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:15:46 am »
In my opinion the problem happens to be the president. Sanctions got our way cos of him and his greedy officials. >:(

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:45 am »
In my opinion the problem happens to be the president. Sanctions got our way cos of him and his greedy officials. >:(
Interesting but were the sanctions not imposed on him and the country Because he chased out the so called white farmers? Personally I regard people who come unto your land and claim it as theirs as thieves! Isn't that the case?
God is good!

Offline debs

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:42:19 am »
you are right Femi but they can only become "thieves" if they take land from people who know how to use their land....in this case the white man is not a thief, after he chased the white man that land has no products on it at all.  Do you know that Zimbabwe was once a bread-basket for southern Africa region? At that time we never had drought in that country. That was because the white man utilized the land and all year/all seasons that land was all green fields. It was so beautiful to watch the fields when travelling along the farms by bus and i still remember those views...

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:07:00 am »
you are right Femi but they can only become "thieves" if they take land from people who know how to use their land....in this case the white man is not a thief, after he chased the white man that land has no products on it at all.  Do you know that Zimbabwe was once a bread-basket for southern Africa region? At that time we never had drought in that country. That was because the white man utilized the land and all year/all seasons that land was all green fields. It was so beautiful to watch the fields when travelling along the farms by bus and i still remember those views...
Valid points debs, but allow me to disagree to some extent. Will it be right for anyone to take your house or car away from you just because you don't know how to use it? Then marginalise you? Will that be right?
They are still thieves because to them it was just business and just like in RSA they want to dominate where they have not sown. it doesn't make it right.
True Zimbabwe was a "food" force for the southern African region but its because those whites had ALL the resources needed (both internally and externally) coupled with excellent management skills of those resources, they had no other choice but to excel.  ;D
Africa's biggest problem is the mentality and close to ZERO MANAGEMENT skills! We are so faaaaaaaaar behind. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:10:58 am by Femi »
God is good!

Offline debs

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 11:20:17 am »
yah maybe you are right...i think he chased them too early .He was supposed to upgrade us to the new world, teach us how to use  and preserve our resources then when we know and have all that we need to use  he could tell them to go...now ordinary Zimbabweans are suffering cos of him

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:29:59 am »
yeah, he obviously thought that he could handle it himself! too bad he couldn't but I strongly believe that improvement is on the way!
God is good!

Offline debs

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 11:37:15 am »
we will have to wait and see what will be the outcome from the forthcoming elections....

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
Well, let's pray that the powers that be will listen to the Will of the people!
God is good!