• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sex and Abortion in Africa  (Read 16123 times)

Offline riavgirl

Sex and Abortion in Africa
« on: October 13, 2011, 06:17:12 pm »
Africa is famous for unsafe sex, growing HIV cases, and abortion. These issues have tainted the image of women in the country, but I think most of the articles posted on websites failed to explore the sides of  African women, and are only aiming for their negative image. I would really love to hear your thoughts about this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:22:32 pm by riavgirl »

Offline sknepal

Re: Sex and Abortion in Africa
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:28 pm »
Yes off course most of the articles fail to explore the sides of African women; the problem they have to face, how they need to cope up and what it is like out there for them. Only a women who has endured similar pain can possibly be able to convey the issue from women's sides. Unless, these researchers and journalists do not inspect the issue meticulously before posting, African women will be always seen as of low character. They should try to convey the true picture of the issue from the eyes of women.

By the way, it ultimately leads to the need for awareness. Education is must for stopping these acts.  Also, Once women are empowered these acts will automatically reduce.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
    • African online Community in Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:32 pm »
Sex is universal and nearly if not all living things practice it.
What baffles me though is why the "western" media is so focused on the negative sides of Africa.
So many good things are happening in Africa but they never mention those.

Africa is presented as a diseased plagued suffering people and sadly, this is how some Russians see us as well.

I dare say that Africa is blessed and with time, things will get better.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:33:55 am by Femi »
God is good!

Offline Afrobabe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:17:15 am »
Africa is famous for unsafe sex, growing HIV cases, and abortion. These issues have tainted the image of women in the country, but I think most of the articles posted on websites failed to explore the sides of  African women, and are only aiming for their negative image. I would really love to hear your thoughts about this.
generalization is a very bad thing, every continent has its group of people/countries that do have unsafe sex, when it comes to abortion i doubt any other country does it as best as India, the need for a male child is so high that mothers/pregnant women go through a lot to get rid of female kids . .

and my dear africa is a continent , you know like a group of countries together located in the same zone . .it is not one country, like  you have Asia,  europe and so on
:)

Offline riavgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »
generalization is a very bad thing, every continent has its group of people/countries that do have unsafe sex, when it comes to abortion i doubt any other country does it as best as India, the need for a male child is so high that mothers/pregnant women go through a lot to get rid of female kids . .

and my dear africa is a continent , you know like a group of countries together located in the same zone . .it is not one country, like  you have Asia,  europe and so on

It's actually not a generalization. I am just saying how the media and the people in the internet view the continent (Africa). What I posted is not based on what I think, but based on what I hear, saw, and read. There are pros and cons wherever country or continent you are, and I don't have a negative notion about the people in Africa.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 02:29:39 pm »
^^^
You dare not. haha!  ;D
God is good!

Offline riavgirl

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 02:19:19 pm »
^^^
You dare not. haha!  ;D

hahaha! Seriously, my sympathy goes to the people in Africa particularly the children. They are small souls that are sandwiched between culture and poverty. And yes, there's also prejudice.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 02:56:12 pm »
hahaha! Seriously, my sympathy goes to the people in Africa particularly the children. They are small souls that are sandwiched between culture and poverty. And yes, there's also prejudice.
and you think only African kids suffer? ever been to Asia?  :-\ ::)
God is good!

Offline Afrobabe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 08:21:40 pm »
gimme a break, from 'reading/seeing' on the internet to pitying people. every continent has it worst my dear, stereotypes are everywhere we could go into them you know ;)

how many kids suffer in Asia?   ???

Offline riavgirl

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:04 pm »
gimme a break, from 'reading/seeing' on the internet to pitying people. every continent has it worst my dear, stereotypes are everywhere we could go into them you know ;)

how many kids suffer in Asia?   ???

It will be a big lie if I will say that all children from other countries and continents are enjoying life to the fullest, but we are talking about Africa aren't we? Please try to stick to the given topic. I am starting to think that moderators are pointing their guns at me. :(

Offline Afrobabe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 03:06:04 pm »
Your topic is full of sterotypes, it may be a topic to you but its insulting to the rest of us.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 05:39:12 pm »
No fighting pls. And No stereotyping too.
Peace!  8) ;)
God is good!

Offline Afrobabe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 07:36:41 pm »
i am innocent and peaceful  8)

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »
peaceful. thats  nice. so kiss her then so that I know everything is fine.  :D
God is good!

Offline Afrobabe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 02:46:04 pm »
^
tatafo  ;D

Offline nick.westlife

• ePaper Wiki
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »
Did you ever see negative things come up in the news. The routine that we do is not surprise to use and anything which is changed becomes news. Africa maybe growing country but negative image has been developed.
Enter the world of Magazines & newspapers http://www.epaperwiki.com/

Offline riavgirl

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:12 pm »
Your topic is full of sterotypes, it may be a topic to you but its insulting to the rest of us.

I believe your task is to promote order, harmony, and peace on this website. My posts are not intended to provoke or offend Africans or any race out there. Stereotyping is not my word. Maybe it's you who's seeing things that way. And please try to broaden your mind. I have a lot of African friends online, and their open-minded and loving people. I have nothing against them. :)

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:13 pm »
Did you ever see negative things come up in the news. The routine that we do is not surprise to use and anything which is changed becomes news. Africa maybe growing country but negative image has been developed.
For the fact that negative news is developed does not mean you should stick to it.
God is good!

Offline riavgirl

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 12:13:39 pm »
For the fact that negative news is developed does not mean you should stick to it.

That is correct, Femi. I also think that negative news about Africa is helping a lot. Because of those news a lot of people are helping the continent. There are currently many foundation that are dedicated to make the life of the people in Africa so much better.

Offline Femi

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 03:37:49 pm »

That is correct, Femi. I also think that negative news about Africa is helping a lot. Because of those news a lot of people are helping the continent. There are currently many foundation that are dedicated to make the life of the people in Africa so much better.
Most of those said foundation are after their very own aims and you should know them. Not all are there in Africa just they because they like the place. Its for a reason.
God is good!

Offline riavgirl

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 11:47:23 am »

I know that there are those who are just after recognition, and making theirselves appear helpful. There are also those who are honest and dedicated to what they do. Most of these people are coming from private organizations. We can't really rely to the politicians and the goverment, but whatever their motives are, let's just be thankful they're offering help.

Most of those said foundation are after their very own aims and you should know them. Not all are there in Africa just they because they like the place. Its for a reason.